EPIPHAN MULTI-SOURCE RECORDER — AV.technology
There’s a new multiple source recorder on the block with the launch of Pearl from Epiphan Systems.
Pearl can stream and record multiple HD sources simultaneously, including 3G- and HD-SDI cameras, at rates of 60 frames per second and resolutions up to 2048×2048. Despite its delicate name, Pearl takes a hard-core stance with its design as a desktop rack or portable rack solution for streaming and recording live content. It not only combines multiple HD AV inputs, it can then add client branding to create a single video layout with output resolution up to 4K.
The unit features a front-panel touch-screen controller as well as remote control capability, and it can encode for both RTMP and RTSP streaming, allowing it to be used with leading content distribution networks, such as Akamai, Livestream, Wowza, and YouTube.
“This is the most advanced and flexible capture, streaming, and recording platform ever produced by Epiphan,” says VP of product management, David Kirk. “Pearl will be a very appealing solution to our customers in education, healthcare, security, worship, business, and industry. It’s also a complementary component for other companies’ video content management systems.”
The unit has a brushed metal finish and is equipped with two inputs each for TRS audio, HDMI/DVI, VGA, and SDI; two USB 2.0 ports; and one Gigabit Ethernet port. For compatibility with commonly used AV sources, it also supports SAP and UPnP for set-top boxes and media players. For post-production flexibility, it can record the streamed program as well as the original sources.
- Capture from screens or cameras at HD resolutions and higher (up to: 2560×1600, 2048×2048)
- Simultaneously capture two HD sources and stereo TRS audio
- Portable and lightweight
- Touch-screen front panel display for confidence monitoring and recording control
- Supports 3G-SDI, HD-SDI, SD-SDI, HDMI/DVI, and VGA
- SAP and UPnP support for set-top boxes, digital signs and media players
- Flexible multi-source layout and branding to customize your output
- Provides RS-232 and HTTP APIs for easy integration into larger systems
- Simple CDN setup, supports RTMP and RTSP
- Stream at one bitrate and record at another
Pearl begins shipping at the end of this month with a price tag of US$4875.
Epiphan Pearl: www.epiphan.com/pearl
AP Technologies: www.aptech.com.au
Source: media release