Multimedia & AV Technology Coordinator — UNSW
Full time — Sydney, NSW.
The ‘Coordinator — Multimedia and AV Technology’ is responsible for providing 1st Level support remotely and in person in Teaching and Professional spaces around UNSW. This position will work closely with the Audio Visual Support Analyst and AV & Multi-Media Specialist to ensure a high quality customer experience and equipment uptime.
The Audio Visual Help Desk is the central support point for UNSW-wide Audio Visual services and operates from 7:00 am to 8:00 pm Monday to Friday, and 9:00 am to 5:00 pm Saturday. The Coordinator — Multimedia and AV Technology will work across these times on a rostered basis.
This role reports to the Team Leader — Mulitmedia and AV Technology and has no direct reports.
- Provide level 1 support for all Audio Visual & Multimedia related incidents and requests
- Assist with logging, responding to urgent-in-class support calls, resolving tickets in a professional and timely manner with an emphasis on high quality customer service and first call resolution
- Assist with providing updates for the IT Service Centre Knowledge Base for identifying solutions, work- arounds and known errors
- Develop relationships with the customer base through operational excellence to ensure customer satisfaction levels are maximised
- Support student loan desks under guidance from senior team members
- Assist users in troubleshooting Audio Visual problems (such as classroom projection, lecture record and audio playback and conferencing) following best practices and escalate to the appropriate resolver group when necessary
- Accurately record customer incidents in the Service Management tool such as equipment failures as well as support requests for videoconferencing, training, and feature upgrades
- Take direction and work closely with senior team members to diagnose and resolve device failures and system outages. This involves closely following procedures and standards for incident resolution
- Take direction and work closely with senior team members to implement Multi-media and AV technologies
- Proactively monitor room faults and respond to system alerts from the Resource Management Suite about failures and problems on the network such as expired lamp hour usage and offline devices
- Be available for On-Call / After Hours support on a rotating basis, typically one week per month as well as weekend and After Hours work as required
Skills and Experience:
- Certificate 4 or higher in a relevant area of study and/or experience working within an Audio Visual/Mulitmedia Service Desk or customer service environment, preferably in a large organisation with a high volume of work throughput
- Demonstrated capacity and willingness to work as a member of a proactive team dedicated to the delivery of high quality services to its customers
- Ability to communicate (both verbal and written) at all levels in a polite and professional manner; including the ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical staff in easily understood terms
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and ability in handling difficult customer interactions over the phone while maintaining high level of customer satisfaction
If this is of interest to you, please submit your CV, Cover Letter and responses to the Skills and Experience.
UNSW is committed to equity diversity and inclusion. Applications from women, people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, those living with disabilities, members of the LGBTIQ+ community; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged. UNSW provides workplace adjustments for people with disability, and access to flexible work options for eligible staff. The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Please apply through the job listing here.
Advertised: 19 Jul 2022 AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 02 Aug 2022 AUS Eastern Standard Time